Thursday, January 07, 2010

Year in Review

Start off the year with post number 601. :0)

I've seen this on a few blogs and thought it was a great idea...

Reflection Questions for 2009



1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? It was of course having our baby boy Benton.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? My pregnancy with Benton was very very hard. From start to finish 7 weeks early it was hard on the whole family. And then his stay in NICU was the single most difficult thing I have ever faced.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? The great success of my wedding photography business. I never imagined how well it would do and I'm SO SO grateful for it.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle? The early arrival of Benton

5. Pick three words to describe 2009: emotional, blessed, constructive.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009: blessing, trials and successful

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009: fast, trials, blessings


8. What were the best books you read this year? I've read a lot of Jodi Picoult books and they are always awesome. And Dorethea Benton Frank is one of my favorite local authors.

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Well of course my family. And also my online Mormon mommy group. As strange is it may sound to those girls have really helped me a lot this year!


10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Again going through a really rough pregnancy has physically taken a toll on me. I may be 24 but my body sure doesn't feel like it.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I've tried very hard to not be so emotional. I tend to let the little things get the best of me.


12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? I've gained a true testimony of the power of prayer.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?hmmm.. I'm still working on this. I've tried to get in better physical shape and hope to soon be where I want to be.

14. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Hmm this is a tough one. I dont really think I have any. My house is still not where I want it to be.
I'm still changing paint colors a couple of times a year. Hopefully soon enough I will be happy with the decorating choices.

15. What was your most challenging area of home management? Laundry for sure. I dont mind washing but I hate hate hate hate hate folding. That's why it usually just piles up until I have no where to put clean clothes. Its pretty sad how bad I am at folding.


16. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Caring what other people think of me. I dont know why I wasted time caring. If you dont like me... oh well I'm better off without those people in my life. And another thing is worrying about fitting the "Mormon mold" as a mother/wife. I've come to realize that I'm glad I'm not the molly mormon lets all decorate our houses the same, keep a perfectly clean home, always look perfect type of girl.

17. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Growing as a family.

18. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year? That things happen for a reason.

19. A phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.

.... I really have no clue.

No comments: