So about a month ago one of my online mommy groups brought of up the subject of Red Dye 40 and the affect it has on kids behavior. I had started to notice when Kamden would eat something with Red Dye in it she would always have this little rash around her mouth. Once it got really bad when she had an Airhead. So after doing tons of research Brandon and I decided to try and cut it out of all three kids diets. For Kamden's allergies and to see if it would help with behavior. Obviously its not an overnight transformation. But after a few weeks we could really start to tell a difference. I'm sure they had some in their diet somewhere in those few weeks but at home we cut a ton of it out. Cereals, drinks, snacks. Well starting last Wednesday at Truck or Treat it never even crossed my mind to remove the candy with red dye 40 in it. HOLY DEMON CHILDREN! Between Wednesday and Monday they had me in tears every. single. day. They didnt have a ton of candy but what they did have totally effected their behavior. Even Brandon was at his wits end with the insane behavior that was coming from all three of them. I'm sure he was almost in tears a few times too- it was THAT bad.
Now I can say that I am a firm believer that it has an effect on behavior and also their sleep habits. In those few weeks bedtime was SO much easier and they actually all slept through the night. Now am I going to be a Nazi red dye 40 enforcer? No. I'm sure Kamden will have it at school sometimes in treats brought in and I'm sure when we are at a restaurant it will be in stuff. But seriously its worth checking out because I promise that it makes a HUGE difference. And I am one of those moms that use to just roll my eyes at parents that believed this kind of stuff. http://reddyefree.blogspot.com/
Now I can say that I am a firm believer that it has an effect on behavior and also their sleep habits. In those few weeks bedtime was SO much easier and they actually all slept through the night. Now am I going to be a Nazi red dye 40 enforcer? No. I'm sure Kamden will have it at school sometimes in treats brought in and I'm sure when we are at a restaurant it will be in stuff. But seriously its worth checking out because I promise that it makes a HUGE difference. And I am one of those moms that use to just roll my eyes at parents that believed this kind of stuff. http://reddyefree.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment