I just realized that I never posted about this and I am starting to forget so here it is... 3 months later
32 weeks pregnant- On Thursday morning (7/2) I woke up not feeling all that great. I noticed that I hadnt felt Benton move in a while so I layed down on the couch so I could pay attention. For 2 hours I felt nothing at all. Sometime during the morning I started to get really dizzy and then for the next 2 hours Brandon said I was out of it. I was talking and stuff but I kept passing out.. I dont really remember. So I called my OB office. My doctor was out of town for the week so I had to see a midwife. I've never liked midwifes and now I REALLY dont like them. So my mom came up to watch the girls we went in and waited forever. The nurse tells us that the midwife is stuck at the hospital delivering. So she set me up on the monitors to get heartbeat, contractions and fetal movement. By this time I still hadnt felt him move at all. During the monitoring I felt 2 very slight movements and that was it. My contractions were 3-5 mintues apart... which they had been for 7 weeks. So I was on the monitor for over and hour and the nurse comes back in and says the midwife was back but couldnt see me. Ummm... ok I thought. I'm passing out, not feeling my baby move and having contractions like crazy. She told me to call back if my contractions were 3-5 mins apart. Duh lady they already are you just told me that yourself. So we left and I cried the whole way home because I KNEW something was wrong. I went home and layed down for a while and still wasnt feeling him move. Later that night I told Brandon that we needed to go to MUSC. I refused to go to either of the hospitals that my OB goes to because the same dumb midwife was on call. So at 7 or 8 that night we packed the girls up and went to my moms to drop them off and went down to MUSC.
So we get there they hook me up to the monitors of course. Get an IV in all that jazz. The doctor comes in and ask a million questions. Since they had no way of getting my records I had to tell them everything. It surprised them to hear I was having these problems when I was getting the 17P shot weekly. After a while they wanted to do a full check down below. So they do there thing and when I saw both doctors faces I knew something was wrong. They say they are going to the lab to check out some things and come back a couple mintues later. I almost fell off the table when they told me my membranes had ruptured. I knew something was wrong but I didnt think it was THAT serious. They started to tell me what would happen which I didnt need to hear seeing as how this same thing happened with Addison. They get me to my room and by this time its like 1am. I'm a totally mess at this point. How in the world can this happen again is all I'm thinking!? And then I was ticked. I was just glad that I listened to my instincts and went to the hospital. And didnt take the advice up the stupid midwife(you can tell i'm bitter huh?)
So anyways b/c I was so upset I started to have painful contractions and I was sick to my stomach. So they gave me an IV cocktail of Nubian and Phenergan. 30 seconds later I was OUT. Brandon left during that time to go home to the girls.
7/3- I get moved to Antepartum to wait it out. This is where I was with Addison. And I had the BEST nurses ever. Doctors came in kept checking for infection and taking my temp every 30 mintues until I deliver. I was thinking "oh I can hold out like I did with Addi" but I started to feel worse and worse. The doctors were telling me it would be anytime now. Later that night I started to have the most painful contractions with TONS of pressure. I called the nurses they came in and were doing everything they could to stop them. They called the doctor in and he looked at my sheet and was like give her some pain meds and something for heartburn. Its her heartburn that is making the contractions bad. What? Heartburn? I dont have heartburn. So anyways after rushing fluids into me and 3 shots the contractions slowed down.
7/4-Early the next morning a different doctor comes in(this is a teaching hospital so there about like a million different doctors) so she checked me and said ok lets do this. C-section within the hour. I called Brandon telling him to hurry up and get here that it was time. Called my mom and dad to hurry so they could watch the girls while Brandon was back with me. I honestly was scared out of my mind. I knew I was only 33 weeks and I had no idea what to expect. So they get my spinal in and start everything. I was also terrified b/c the c-section with Addison was HORRIBLE. I didnt numb all the way so I could feel the whole right side while they were doing the surgery. Time ticked by so slowly as I layed there waiting. Brandon barely made it in time he rushed into the ER right as they were starting. 20 mintues later Benton was born. I dont know how long it took him to cry probably just a couple of seconds but its like the world just stopped as I was waiting to hear his cry. They rushed him off so I didnt get to see him. Brandon went with him.
I was sent to recovery where my mom and Brandon met me. I was actually feeling really good. Brandon said Benton was doing good. The nurse set it up so they would bring him by the room really quick so I could see him before he went to the NICU. I get back to my room and see my little man for the first time. It was heartbreaking only being able to look at him through that little box with tubes everywhere and IV's in his hands, belly button, and head.
The next day I had my mom take me to the NICU to see him for the first time. It was the longest wait of my life... over 24 hours. I didnt care how much pain I was in I was taking that wheelchair ride up to the NICU. Later that night Brandon and I went together. The next day even though I could barely move I walked myself to the NICU.. and it was about 15 minute walk to get there. It was one of those times where I could have been missing 2 legs and I was still going to drag myself all the way there. So for the next couple of days this is what I did every couple of hours was go sit by his bed and watch him. On Tuesday they said that they wanted to move him to Trident. That way he would be closer to home and quicker to get to. I was thinking well thats perfect. Its much closer. So they transfer him and he was taken by helicopter. I was released a couple of hours later and on the way home we stopped at Trident to meet the nurses.
I'm not even going to type it all out lets just sum it up that his stay at Trident was: abusive, repulsive, frustrating, infuriating, unacceptable, pathetic, heartbreaking and pretty much had me thinking some of the worse thoughts I have ever thought in my life. I have never wanted to harm someone as much as the nurses at that hospital.
Anyways..
7/19- We went to the hospital to get the news that we were taking him home. Well all of a sudden over night a issue that we were always told wasnt an issue was now all of a sudden huge. His heart monitor kept going off. I told them its always done that and its just him getting excited when he eats. Well they said he has to stay till Monday just to be sure. At that point I busted into tears and was so mad. At this point this doctor was just trying to get back at us for making a complaint about one of the nurses. I honestly know that is what it was. You might think I'm crazy for thinking that but you had to be there. I refused to leave him with these horrible people anymore so... they got me a room on the children's floor and moved him in there. He got hooked up to a new monitor and for the whole weekend it never once went off. Not once. The doctor said he must have outgrown the "problem" yeah in a span of 2 minutes they switched monitors he outgrew it. Whatever doctor... Monday morning we are busting out of here.
7/20- That morning at 5:30 I told the nurse to get his papers ready that we are ready to go. The doctor came in and tried to tell me he really need to stay longer because it wasnt normal for a problem like his heart condition to just go away. I told them there was no problem they just had crappy machines in the nursery. So I have never been happier to leave a hospital. Benton was sent home with a heart monitor that never once went off. He was suppose to be on it for a month. well 2 months later they come to get it. The dr. read the report and was "highly upset" that there were not any readings. Well genius thats because there was never a problem to begin with.
As you can tell I have never negative feelings towards Trident Hospital. But when your child, yourself and your family are treated horrible you would too. I warn anyone in the Tri-county area PLEASE do not have your babies at Trident. Unless you plan to never ever let them leave your side.
No comments:
Post a Comment