Friday, November 27, 2009

5 years!

I can't believe that we have been married 5 years today! I'm so grateful for Brandon and everything that he does for me. He is an amazing husband and father and I feel so blessed to be married to him.
While we were dating... in Arizona.
Wedding Day...
Just a few days ago...

Our Story-
I'm sure most of you know mine and Brandon's story but for reminiscing sake I'm going to tell it again!
Brandon served the last part of his mission here in South Carolina after being sent home from Mexico for foot surgery. He served in the Mt Pleasant ward which is where I met him. He bugged me so much! And was always pushing my buttons. So 6 weeks later I was actually glad that he was transferred. Well he was only transferred a couple of towns north so my mom went to visit him a few times and of course I was drug along. After that he was serving in the whole Tri-County area so him and his 2 companions ate at our house EVERY SINGLE night. During this time I would come home from work and head straight to my room so I wouldn't have to deal with him. He had already made me cry once(I can't remember why) So anyways... when he announced that he was coming back to visit a few days AFTER I had dropped him off at the mission home. Yes, me and a friend were the ones to drop him off at the mission home. Where I refused to say goodbye to him. I was mean, I know. So anyways... fast forward a few days my mom makes me drive with her to the airport to get him. I don't say anything to him when he gets off the plane. And I ignore him for a few days pretty much.
So anyways... he was planning on driving up to Florence and my mom said I should go with him. I tried begging my boss to please let me work so I wouldnt have to go but she said that I had already filled my hours that week. So after my mom forcing me to go I went. 1/2 way there after little talking and me wishing the day would hurry by the rental car broke down on the side of the road! 2 hours later I had nothing to do but sit and stare at the passing cars while we waited for a new car so I had to finally talk to him. It was honestly like Heavenly Father slapping me on the back of the head and in an instant all my feelings changed. And well the rest is all history! I can't explain what it was that made me literally go from disliking him to loving him all within a 4 hour time span. But later that night we went for a walk on the beach and that's when I went home that night and said that's the man I'm going to marry!







3 comments:

Chesney said...

what a fun story!!! you two are such a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Say thank you mama!!!!!! Well and of course Heavenly Father.....

Kmelanese said...

Good story!! I didn't know how you two met. That is so funny that he annoyed you at first! I hope you guys had a great anniversary!!