Monday, December 20, 2010

Stephanie Ennis...

I've debated about posting anything about this. But in the end I decided this is my journal and I need to do it. So just a warning to any family that doesnt want to read it I completely understand. This is my way of trying to work through this...

*

*

*

*

*

*

Last Monday, December 13th. We were at Grammys house feeding the chickens before heading into Mt Pleasant to go to the Festival of Lights. My mom called me in complete panic telling me that my cousin Stephine was in an accident. All we knew was that the accident involved her and train. I can honestly say I have never felt so much fear, confusion and panic in my life. I would never wish that feeling on anyone. It was a couple of really long hours before we knew what had happened. I got the phone call from my grandpa that Stephanie did not make it. Just thinking about all this brings me to sobbing tears. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to put this into words and I can't figure it out. For a few days we thought and the police figured this was intentional. That I just couldnt get. She wouldnt do something like that. I guess the silver lining in all of this was that the place that it happened the pawn shop had cameras outside and it was on video. The newspaper put out different stories that were just wrong. Finally they have the story straight: http://www2.independenttribune.com/news/2010/dec/15/kannapolis-train-death-ruled-accidental-ar-620057/


My family is of course struggling with all of this. Its still hard to believe. I'm grateful to know what I know to be true. And I know without of a shadow of a doubt that Steph is in a better place. And even though I know that the heartache of having her gone still hurts. I was looking at old home videos the other day and remembering all the good times.

During all of this my stepdads grandma passed away. 2 funerals in one week is rough.


11/3/1992-12/13/2010.



No comments: