So happy that our little man is finally here. Even though he was 5 weeks early he was perfectly healthy. I little trouble with jaundice but that was all.
It was a rough few weeks before he was born but totally worth it all. At the end of December I went into the hospital for a kidney infection and a staph infection in my kidneys and bladder. After that it was pretty much non-stop hospital visits. I was having horrible pain and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Test after test was coming back with nothing so they just tried to keep my contractions down and me comfortable with pain meds. On Friday Jan 27th the doctor gave me the choice to go home. I had a gut feeling I should stay but was so over the hospital I decided to go home. By that night contractions were back and I had a feeling I had started leaking fluid. Back to the hospital I went. My doctor said that as soon as my cervix had made the slightest change he would deliver. Well they did the fluid test and checked me... the nurse said I was at a 2. Woo hoo! It was time. I told her that I loved her. She went to call the doctor and when she came back and said that I was leaking and it was time to deliver. I panicked. Brandon had left the camera at home because we thought it was another false alarm so he sped home as fast as possible to get it. Luckily my brother Zach was at the house and stayed the night with the kids. We called my parents, grandma and uncle and told them it was time. Walking to the OR I was SOOO nervous- I mean I had done that this 3 other times I should be a pro but man the nerves still got to me. The anestiolgist was SO nice and they talked me through everything. As soon as my doctor came in I felt much better- he has been so amazing the entire pregnancy and I was so glad he finally was able to deliver one of my babies. Once they started the pain was a little more intesne because of all my scar tissue. Luckily, the antsteoligst was very generous with the medicine. When they got Grant out he didnt cry- which made me panic. But he was perfectly fine just didn't have a reason to cry. They took him out while they cleaned me up. The doctor was nice enough to get rid of all the scar tissue and give me a mini tummy tuck while he was in there. :)
They did take Grant to the NICU since he was 5 weeks early. They gave him some comfort flow oxygen just to slow down his breathing. Almost a week later we were released and able to go home. He would have went home earlier if his jaundice levels would have stayed down. He is the perfect addition to our family and we are all head over heels in love. His sisters and brother are amazing with him. He hardly cries at all and is the perfect little love.
1 comment:
Cute pictures...glad Grant was healthy and strong. Congrats to you guys!
Post a Comment