Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monday night fun...

Last night we had my family over for a LowCountry Boil... what you do is boil corn cobs, smoked sausage, potatoes and shrimp in the same HUGE pot and you just dump it out on the table... and everyone digs in. Its always a lot of fun. Most of the time someone will go catch the shrimp that we use but this time we just got it from the dock. Anyways, just wanted to share some pictures!

Oh and this morning my daycare kid was sleeping so I was trying to keep Kamden and Addison quiet... so I put them in their highchairs and they watched while I made bread mix to go into my bread machine. Well Kamden took a 4 hour nap! Which she never ever does! And as soon as she gets up she comes running down the hall screaming "bread" and headed straight for the bread machine. Since then she has enjoyed 2 slices of banana pecan bread. I dont like banana bread at all, but this is actually pretty good. Hopefully she will leave enough for her daddy. He gets excited when I tell him I'm making bread...


This is what happens when mommy doesnt clean off the counter when she is done and you think Little Missy is playing nicely in her room... yeah half a can of baking powder... in the carpet!



There was a crab mixed in with the shrimp... frozen of course, but Kamden didnt know what to think about it. There was a squid too but I didnt snap a pic of that.



This is what they look like AFTER you de-head them. Its pretty gross to watch the heads get pinched off. Next time I'll have to get a picture of their heads on... they are actually pretty cute.

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

Yum(to the dinner AND bread)! I've heard about those meals, it sounds like a lot of fun!