Tuesday, March 02, 2010

This is how the trip ended... with Brandon being rushed by ambulance from the port to a Miami hospital.

He woke up with horrible pain in his back. He could barely walk and was lucky to even make it off the ship. After making it through customs he started throwing up and then just collapsed in pain. I ran to find a police officer since I knew that would be way quicker then calling 911. When I was getting Brandon's license out for them they saw his badge. And boy did that make them jump into action. They had Carnival rope off the section where Brandon was laying. There were a 1o Miami Dade police officers that showed up and blocked off everyone from watching. The ambulance was to skip another call and come straight to Brandon which then had a full police escort to the ER entrance. Its amazing the brotherhood between all police officers.



Once at the hospital they came to the conclusion that it was kidney stones. he was able to birth a small piece of one. Some pain meds and we were on our way about 5 hours later. While Brandon was super hopped up on pain killers they took him to do a CT scan. Well on the way back I'm standing in the hall using the phone and I hear him coming down the hall telling everyone... 'I'm going to write you a ticket! Yeah I'm going to write YOU a ticket!" HILARIOUS!



When finally got back to our hotel to get the car and on our way after waiting for his meds to be filled. We made it home somewhere after midnight.



I just have to add: I wasnt very happy with Carnival after the cruise. Thanks to them canceling our port to Half Moon Cay and then only giving us $20 I was a little ticked. But when all of this happened the people of Carnival were SO SO great. They kept asking me if I needed anything. Told me not to worry about our bags they would personally bring them to the hospital for me. They were just awesome. And also the Sgt. for the Miami Dade police department was beyond awesome. He gave me his number and told me as soon as we were done at the hospital to call him and he would come right away to pick us up and take us to our car.



It was a crummy ending to a good trip.

2 comments:

Tatiana said...

Poor guy! I'm glad you guys got the help he needed quickly though.

Bridget Lee said...

WOW that's awesome how all the officers took care of Brandon... police escorting him and everything!! I'm very glad to hear that! And thankfully he didn't get sick while you were out cruising! Pics are gorgeous by the way. :)