Saturday, May 10, 2008

So scary....

I had one of the scariest experiences of my life yesterday. It was around 8:30 and Addison and I had just woke up. She was eating her breakfast and I was sitting on the couch on the computer and I saw a man coming up the stairs. I usually never open the door for people unless I know them. Well I thought he was dropping off my Avon orders and they usually knock and leave. Well I grabbed and Addison and we stood in our room. Now our front door has glass in it so you can see in. So he saw me because we made eye contact. Well I had this gut feeling to not go to the door. Well for 5 minutes he kept knocking and ringing the doorbell over and over. Thats when I started to panic he just wasnt going away! I didnt have a phone in the bedroom and to get to the phone I would have passed by the door. So I'm looking out the bedroom window and he starts to walk away I run to get the phone and call 911. Well he kinda paced around in the yard and by this time I'm in Kamden's room on the phone with 911. Then another guy came walking down the road and they both come to the door. Beating, hitting, throwing their bodies into it. It took the cops 15 MINUTES to get here! 15! About 5 minutes before the cops got here they took off and I was really worried they were going to go to the house behind us. So the cops come say we didn't see anything. I asked them to please check on the lady behind us but they didn't.


I have never been so scared in my life. Brandon came home right away and I've been an emotional wreck ever since then. The feeling of someone trying to get into your house to hurt you is really unexplainable. Oh and one of the guys had zip ties in his hands. Brandon had to go to work his morning so I've been up since 5:30 sitting on the couch with a sheet over the front door, the alarm on, and the gun safe with a loaded gun sitting near the door. Don't worry the kids can't get the gun its in a touchpad safe. Last night I ordered a driveway patrol which will let us know if anyone is coming down the road. Since we live off a private road only us and the people behind us should be on the road. I'm going to make a complaint about the cops taking FOREVER to get here. The 911 operator stayed on the phone with me the whole time and she could hear them trying to get in and they didnt seem to take it too seriously. Stupid Summerville PD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary! I am glad everyone is alright! I cant believe the police took so long since they could hear them banging on the door. I do not know how you feel, but I hope I never have to go through that.

Jessica said...

Rena told us about all of this on Saturday. I would be so freaked out. I was once sitting in my bedroom at my parents house, listening to music. I heard the front door open and band shut, which was really weird to me. I went out to check (so stupid). I opened the front door and I saw a car driving away. I was so freaked out. That was no where near the experience that you had.