Thursday, January 18, 2007

Minivan Mom and Dad!

Yep thats what Brandon and I are now. We finally broke down and turned in our car last night for a Dodge Caravan. I always swore up and down that I would never own a van... but it is so much easier to deal with Kamden and when Benton gets here it will be even better. We ended up getting an amazing deal and Saturn of Charleston once again blew us away with how much they do for their customers. We went a couple of other places where it took 1-2 hours just for them to tell us the price of the darn van's. And on top of that they would only give us $6,000 for our 04 Saturn ION! So I told Brandon that I had a feeling we just needed to forget everywhere else and go to Saturn. As soon as we pulled up the guy that helped us get the ION was standing outside. We told him what we wanted he pulled out his paper and said I have 2 vans and told us the prices. So the next day we drove away with our van. And Saturn gave us $12,500 for our ION and actually owed us $15 AFTER the trade. Anyways it was kinda weird driving it this morning... its raining here today so I kept peeling out and making myself look like an idiot because I'm use to a little car and not a big van.

4 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Good news about minivan, pushing a button and having the doors open...that is a gift from heaven.

I was looking at the links on your blog and I clicked on the Corralez Family and they have a slide show. I recognized one of the babies in the picture and sure enough they some how know Chris and Bailey who is a friend of my friend Taytum. All the links lead me in a circle back to my own blog.
Not anything huge but it was a funny little circle.

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Congrats on the new car! And on the Baby boy, I love the name Benton...I bet Mark does too :) Tell everyone we said hello and we love them, especially your momma! Our lot is almost open so it is almost time to start the paperwork on our house...I am so excited, and nervous at the same time. Well gotta go, love ya and hope everything is going well for ya'll

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww! No you di-n't cross over into Mini-van region!!! LOL I have sworn the same swear! HA! I have yet to cross over! I hope you are happy with your new wheels! Can't wait for the new arrival!

Deanna Payne said...

Congrats on the van! I love mine and will only trade it in when I can afford the new one that actually opens up with the push of a button. That must be heavenly!

Shanna swore she would never do day care either. So we'll see how long until she succombs to the van.