Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Last night Brandon and I had a date night. He was a wonderful husband and went and saw Twilight. He just started reading the first book so he wanted to see the movie before finishing. I was super excited to go see it. I was a little late starting the whole series but like everyone else loved it. I was amped to go see the movie the trailer looked so good and I was of course swooning over Edward. BUT the movie was a big let down! It wasnt bad and I'm sure I will buy it when it comes out. But it wasnt anything like what I had in my head. I guess thats why books are usually better then the movie. I thought Edward in the movie looked way too much like Edward Scissorhands at times with his crazy eyes and expressions. Anyways I give it 3 stars and I know I'll buy it once it comes out. I just think I had way too high of hopes for it!
Oh and on a side note I now know why we NEVER go to the movies. $9.50 a person to get in! And then $5.50 for a drink and $5 for a handful of popcorn is a total rip off. We will stick with our lovely Redbox for only $1 per movie rental.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE redbox!! Chris goes crazy. he will rent to the most you can...so we will go home with 5 movies and only have time to watch 3....still love that it is only 5 bucks!!

~*Jen*~ said...

Haha...I went into the movie with total low expectations, so I ended up loving it! LOL. I got into the series late too, didn't read the books until this past October! So, you're not the only one :)