So yesterday morning I had a doctors appointment at 8:50. As I'm walking into the office the ground was wet and my flip flop slipped on the ground and I fell. Well when I fell my belly slammed right into the curb. So I go in tell the nurse, wait forever for the doctor. Since I'm Rh negative blood type I have to have a Rogham shot. Well thing is I'm allergic to Rogham. 1st time with Kamden I couldn't move my arms at all after I had the shot, with Addi I couldnt move my legs. So the doctors solution was to send me to MUSC to stay for 2-3 nights to get the shot and be pumped full of steroids. Well I just didnt feel comfortable with that at all. So they did an ultrasound. Baby boy was bouncing around and as happy as can be. Size wise he is measuring 13 weeks but organs/heart all that is measuring right now with 17 weeks. So like we thought he will be a peanut.
So anyways, the doctor tells me to wait until she figures out when she can give me the shot in the office. By this time I had been there for 3 1/2 hours. Lunchtime comes around and the nurses come out to the waiting room and I'm the only one there. Well they started turning out the lights and leaving for lunch! They actually expected me to wait around another 2 hours until they got back! So anyways, I saw the doctor that I went to with Kamden in the hallway and asked him to please help me. The doctor I was seeing had NO idea what she was doing. Well the Dr that knew how I reacted to the shot said that the Rogham shot is only a US thing. Other countries don't even give it. Without the shot I have a 3% chance my body would try to fight off the baby. With the shot it drops it to 1%. So he sent me to the hospital to have blood drawn to see if my body was fighting off the baby.
It was a 5 1/2 day at the doctors office. If I would have just seen Dr Reeves to begin with I wouldn't have been there that long. I should know the results of the lab work today. But I know everything is fine. My belly is sore but that's about it. I've got to learn to be more careful!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. I hate doctor stuff like that. I'm Rh negative too which can get in the way sometimes. I'm sure you are fine.
I hate waiting for the doctor! Good thinkg you didn't have the girls with you! I hope everything turns out okay with your bloodwork.
Post a Comment