Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Geez part II

So Brandon and I just got back from the urgent care with my mom. What happened you are asking? Well we went into Mt P to take the kids to my mom's so we could go out to dinner. We get a call when we are on our way back from my mom saying her lip is swollen. I was thinking.. great what did Kamden pass on. Well we get there and her lip is swollen bad and her throat is starting to close. So we rush her over to the urgent care and they see her right away. They ended up giving her 2 shots of benadryl ... 2 shots of Epi... and a steroid shot. Along with a breathing treatment and they attempted an IV but that didnt work. The tech asked where they can always start an IV on her and I said "her neck" and he looked at me all weird. I had to explain that her veins roll so much that they have to give her IV's in the neck. He panicked a little and then said forget it. So anyways... what caused all this? A balloon. My mama was blowing up balloons for the girls and had a reaction. Yesterday it was Kamden and today it was my mom.




On another note Kamden is doing so much better. Her hives have gone away and her swelling is down. Now that is left are the horrible bruises all over her body. The doctor said her hives got so big and intense that they would leave huge bruises.

4 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

oh my gosh! you poor thing!!!!

i hope every thing goes back to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

I promise people I am not a monster !I just looked like one at the time.Thanks Brooke and Brandon....

Love,mamma

Melinda said...

That's crazy that it happened to both of them! And Susan, you don't look like a monster.

Anonymous said...

aww.. I'm sorry brooke! you've had a rough couple of days! i'm glad kamden is doing better and that you mamma is feeling better! i hope you all stay better!!!

Sarah