I'm sure most of you have heard about the past couple of days we've had. But for those that haven't I thought I would post a quick blog to update you....
On Monday and Tuesday I started to have contractions and kinda pushed them off as Braxton Hicks. Well when I went in for my weekly shot visit on Wednesday I mentioned it to the nurse. She had me see the doctor and he had me sit on the monitor for a while to time the contractions. Well they ended up being 4 mins apart so he sent me over the hospital ASAP. I was hooked up to the monitors and IV's I had to get another steroid shots to help develop Benton's lungs just in case. And they gave me terbutaline to help stop the contractions. They luckily stopped and they sent me home to rest. I was told to come back if contractions got to 6 in an hour. Later that night the meds started to wear off and I was getting to about 5 painful contractions an hour almost hitting 6. I tried to make it through the night since I had to go back to the hospital in the morning for a 2nd dose of steroids. On Wednesday night I had a major panic attack. I think it was all the medicine in my system.. one was making me tired the other was making me jittery. I don't really remember much of anything but Brandon said I passed out and hit my head pretty good on the floor. All I remember is barely sleeping at all. I called the doctor first thing in the morning and they had me come in right away. Once again contractions were way too close together. So I was sent BACK to the hospital for the same thing. This time I had 2 bags of fluid. 3 terbutline shots(within an hour... which is KILLER) and a dose of celestone which is a steroid. I was feeling horrible! But they ran of out beds so I was one of the first to be booted home. So now here I am on bedrest. Brandon was suppose to work bike week in Myrtle yesterday through Monday but he had to take off. Stinks that he is having to use his family sick leave. But we kinda don't have a choice. I'm just grateful for how great he has been. And for my family and friends. All the phone calls, texts and messages have really brightened my day. Please just keep little man in your prayers. 27 weeks is way too early for him to make his grand debut. As much as I want to meet him I can hold out for at least another 9 weeks.
2 comments:
Oh man! We will keep you guys in our prayers. Hold on little man. I agree with your mom, we don't want to see you for 9 weeks. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. Wish we were closer to help you guys out! Are you on bed rest until he comes?
glad you're doing better.. been praying for you!! ♥
Post a Comment