Saturday, July 04, 2009

Benton Scott Brooks

This is Benton in the Nicu.


Just afer they cleaned him up.
This morning the doctor came in and saw Brooke having contractions back to back and after the same episode last night they decided to deliver. Benton Scott Brooks was born at 11:16 a.m. and He is 4.7 lbs and 17.25 inches long. He is having a little trouble breathing so they had to put a tube in his lungs and they will be monitoring him for the next 24 hrs. The doctors also said that he should be off the respirator and be able to go to moms room tomorrow. Benton is doing great otherwise and is healthy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats he is a cutie! I am glad everything is well.

Chesney said...

what a beautiful baby boy! I'm so glad that hes safe. i hope he doesnt have to stay in the nicu too long. congratulations brooks family!!!

Jessica said...

I was so worried when I saw Brooks had Benton! Glad he and mommy are both doing well!!

Holly Steffen said...

the steffens love the brooks family

Anonymous said...

YAY!! a new nephew!! :)

-Heather

nancy said...

I hope you are doing better and Benton gets to get out of the NICU fast. I am sorry you didn't quite make it to the safe and clear zone... He is adorable.

Helping to Educate Mothers said...

Congrats on such a handsome little man! He looks perfect :o) I'm glad to hear that he and mommy are doing well!