This little thing called our smoke detector kept me up half the night. I was sleeping so good and at 3am I was woke up by the crashing down of our mirror radio in our shower. Scared the daylights out of me! After 45 mintues of trying to go back to sleep I start hearing this really loud beeping. That of course scared me b/c I thought it was the house alarm. I realized it was the battery alarm on the smoke detectors. So its 3:45 in the morning and I'm walking around the house trying to find out which of the 7 detectors in the house it is. It was of course the one right outside Kamdens room. So I'm half asleep while trying to get the ladder out so I can hopefully take it down without setting them all of since they are all routed together. Great design but man what a pain. By this time Kamden had woken up from all the commotion. I almost fall off the top of the ladder b/c it went off and scared my half asleep self almost to death. I could not for the life of me get the batter door open. I knew as soon as I unplugged it from the ceiling it would trip out all the other ones. So it stopped beeping and I said forget it I will get it in the morning. I give Kamden her milk and go back to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow is starts beeping again. So I laid in bed praying Kamden would not wake up. Finally this morning I unplug it from the ceiling which made all of them flip out. The darn thing is not plugged in and has no battery but is still beeping. So its hidden under lots of blankets in the closet.
1 comment:
Reminds me of that Friends episode with Phoebie:) Those things can be a pain. It happened in our old house too.
Post a Comment