Saturday, December 06, 2008

Brandon's Graduation!

I can't even put into words how unbelievably proud I am of Brandon! Yesterday was his graduation and it was amazing! When I was standing outside before it started one of the Corporals was talking to a group of detention center boys that had come to see the ceremony. He said 575 people applied for the July class.... 45 were chosen... only 36 completed the course. Which made me even more proud of Brandon for all he has done. The ceremony was really nice. They marched in like they have done every day since they started. They called cadence and all that stuff. I rode back to Charleston with him in his patrol car and that was fun. The smile on his face was priceless! And now every time he looks outside he gets to see his car sitting out there. Starting on Tuesday he can drive it whenever and wherever we want to go! Anyways... here are some pictures of everything.


Thursday night started with me going up to Columbia for a dinner with the spouses. It was really fun and nice to spend time and see where he has been living for the last 5 months.



Thursday night.







I was able to sneak this picture before everything started.



Marching in.
Getting his certificate and hat.







Kamden showing off her shirt I had made it says "I love my Trooper Daddy"




Addi





Brandon and Grandpa Ennis




Daddy and his girl.

Brandon and his parents



The Brooks Family



10 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

i'm so happy for him! and for your family!!!!!

=]

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I finally got to see pictures!! I wish I could have been there! I am so proud of him and like I said I am also very proud of you! Love ya'll!

Tiffini said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome and such an accomplishment for him and you. That last picture of him reminds me of a little kid.

Anonymous said...

I want to say how proud of Brandon I am and also how proud of Brooke for supporting him in a life long dream.Brandon we love you very much and could'nt be prouder of you!And don't forget your a bear and not a county mounty or a city kiddie!HA

Love,Mama Benton

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congrats to you and your family. His graduation looked like fun. You did an amazing job while he was gone for that long.

Tiffany said...

i tried that dress on!! and i loved it but it was a bit too small. congrats to your family!!!

savvy said...

congrats to Brandon!! Please tell him that for us. He looks just like he's always been a trooper. I'm happy for you guys!

Oh, and p.s. CUTE shirt! I want it. Where'd you get it?!

Shanna said...

Congrats Brandon! I was almost in happy tears reading this post. I think I was relieved for your family cause I know how hard it's been on you guys. Way to hang in there til the end Brandon! You're such a great example to your family! And Way to hang in there Brooke! LOL you've been the glue helping to keep it all together! What a great time for your family! I'm so glad ALL of Brandon's family could be there too! Love you guys!

Heidi Joncas said...

Congrats Brandon! What a great day for you and your family.

Bob Rees said...

Congrats to Brandon... and to you and Kamden and Addi for making it through.

So now if I get a ticket sometime coming to visit y'all Brandon can help me out, right? ;)