Prefolds- Just like the retro diapers. When buying prefolds you will want to get a DSQ(diaper service quality) these will hold out a lot longer and you wont have as many leaks. They come in Chinese or Indian prefolds. I use both and like both. Indian prefolds are softer though. These NEED covers. I use only prefolds since they are cheaper.
Accessories- 
Snappis- these take place of pins and hold prefolds together.
Diaper sprayer- attaches to toilet to make cleaning easier.
Wetbags- to hold the dirty diapers. Water proof( I use trash bags in a trashcan with lid to hold my dirty diapers.
For nighttime and sleeping diaper doublers come in handy. They are not as bulky as just using two diapers. I also use flushable liners in the morning when I know we are going to have a poop diaper.
Cleaning- Pee- I just throw right in the diaper pail. Poop- I dunk in the toilet to get as much off as I can. Throw in diaper pail.
Washing- Rinse and spin no soap with only baking soda on HOT. Then a regular wash with baking soda and soap on HOT wash COLD rinse. and normal dry. With Chinese prefolds they take longer to dry.
Wow I think that's all. If anyone has any questions please let me know!
Squishy Tushy is a great place to buy your things. Prices are the most reasonable for the name brands.
Oh and I really like the Thirsties covers and the Proraps are good too
4 comments:
That was great!!! I really needed a little help on that. Sorry, if I seem like a crazy lady looking at your blog. Now I feel like I can do it. A little discussion seems to fix doubts pretty quickly. Thanks for your time!
What are the Snappis for? Don't the diapers have like velcro kinda like a disposable? Also, what do you do when you're out and about and have to change a dirty diaper or wet diaper where do you put it? That is Ryan's big question. We really need to get into cloth diapering since we'll have 3 in diapers and we're already spending a TON of diapers.
Yay Brooke!! Good for you =). But *warning* cloth diapers are SO addictive!! Lol. There's so many cute ones out there you just can't help yourself.
One thing that's common with thirsties covers is the thread on the velcro tends to unravel and the elastic (like in Fuzzi Bunz) often need to be replaced after not very long of use. But I still have many thirsties. I tend to go more towards the BSWW (bummi super whisper wrap) but there isn't as many fun colors and prints to choose from.
Oh, I did want to ask you... what kind/type of diaper do you usually end up using the most?? I think it's all so fun!
Post a Comment